Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Little Christmas Kink?


Our second holiday author is the prolific Anh Leod. She provides us with a special holiday romantica from Ellora's Cave. When you combine a go-go boots fetish with Christmas fun the imagination runs wild. She will be joining us just in time for you to order your holiday read. You can download it immediately from Ellora's Cave and start reading right away. Then, if you're in the mood for more sexy imagination, check out her back list too. All immediately available for download.

We moved Anh up because her story is Christmas-specific.  So let's learn some sexy secrets about this wonderful author.

What was the initial spark that put this story in your head?  Please describe the event or series of events.

I had just come back from London. It was 1985 and I had bought the most gorgeous pair of white boots. I wore them shopping to Nordstroms and a shoe salesman knelt before me reverently to fondle them. I was a teenager and it was quite a shock, but the experience has been brewing ever since.

It seems that most authors use something from their own lives, or the lives of people they know as an integral part of the story.  Is there anything in this story like that? What?

The idea of a shoe salesman salivating over new boots happened to me – just not in a sexy way. LOL

Does this story background relate to previous or future books? In what way?

This story is part of the multi-author Merry Kinkmas series at Ellora’s Cave. The idea was to explore kinky topics that usually aren’t published at EC and see if readers want that kind of story. Readers have been asking for them.

Is there a particular scene in this book that you really loved when you finished it? Which one and why?

I liked the first scene because I was improving on my personal history!

If someone wants to check out your backlist based on loving this story, where would you suggest they start? Or which books would be in a similar vein?   

If readers want sexy, all they need to do is check out my Ellora’s Cave backlist. Claudia’s Pleasure is another contemporary story, for instance. As Heather Hiestand, I have another (non-sexual) Christmas story out in the Holiday in the Heart anthology.

I understand you have a special holiday present to offer one commenter.

I do, we will select one commenter or follower on Christmas day to get an ebook copy of Christmas A Go-Go.  I'll be responding to posts the 24th through New Years. We'll announce the winner the day after Christmas.

5 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Sounds like you took a moment in your life and made it into what you hope it will be. ;) Sounds like a fun read.

Meredith said...

Love the cover; love the boots! And I always wondered what motivated someone to become a shoe salesman :)

Jessie said...

I was just in the bookstore yesterday and noticing that there wasn't a lot of holiday themed romance books on the shelves. I'm glad you filled the gap. Great Cover!

Maggie Jaimeson said...

I agree about the cover. Please remember, this can be picked up beyond Christmas too! I still fondly remember my go-go boots too. They promised so much fantasy--then I just wanted to get on American Bandstand. :)

Maggie Jaimeson said...

Congratulations, Jessie. You have one an ebook copy of Anh Leod's Christmas A Go-Go. You will receive a download link and information in an email soon.